align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Secret Handshake Message Board › Winnipeg Job opportunities

Winnipeg Job opportunities

Erin
elmds
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 1
Hi Leanne,
I am new to the group. I am a freelance designer in freezing cold Winnipeg. I run e.l.m. Design Solutions. I am taking new clients. I started my company a little while ago and am looking to grow!

Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 9
New job posting

Door 62 Media is looking for a talented recent grad looking for some real-world web development experience.

You'll need to know WordPress, PHP, HTML and CSS. You will be creating WordPress child themes from a Photoshop mockup, and customizing the site using PHP and WordPress plugins to suit the client's needs.

This is a contract position and you can work remotely. Preference will be given to those living in Winnipeg, MB, but anyone in Canada should feel free to drop me a line. Working with someone out of country makes things too complicated come tax time.

Submitting a sample of a site (or two) you've created will go a long way here, especially if you include your template files.

Please submit to: Mike Berg
Matthew S.
user 12171386
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 2
Canada's Web Shop is looking for a Web Programmer.

Education Level: post-secondary recommended

The Web Shop is looking for an experienced programmer to develop components for content management and e-commerce websites. Applicants must be excited about emerging technologies. PHP and framework experience is recommended. Linux, CSS, SQL, and associated web development skills are also highly recommended.

Please forward your resume and portfolio of work to Human Resources.
Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 10
Just got a call from #SH member Mike MacKay, his firm is looking to hire a report writer!

Report writing, financial experience an asset but not required. Probably Full-time for at least a month. Contract. CALL: 963-0366 for more information,
or email mikemackay@advantageofferings.ca to set up an interview.

Here is his profile to get in touch:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 13
Think Shift is hiring! Click on the links below for more deets.

WEb developer

Production & Media Coordinator
Leanne S.
4letterw0rd
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 14
The amazing Tactica is hiring a senior Web Developer!!! http://tactica.ca/senior-web-developer/­

Emily W.
emilyjv
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 2
I just received a job lead through work for a Marketing Coordinator position at Wardrop (Tetra Tech) and was asked if I knew any creative people who might be interested in the position! If you are interested please forward resumes/cover letters to Greg Gardner at gregg@ofe.ca stating I (Emily Wood) referred you. The ad says 3-5 years experience, but they said they would consider even one year.

Thanks!

Emily

-----

Marketing Coordinator (Winnipeg)
Infrastructure & Environmental Division, Tetra Tech

Wardrop, A Tetra Tech Company is a multi-disciplined engineering and consulting firm that provides innovative solutions for the natural resource management, energy, and infrastructure markets globally. Wardrop is a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK), a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction and technical services. The combined companies have more than 10,000 employees worldwide and capabilities that span the entire project lifecycle

The Role:

Tetra Tech has an exciting new opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator within our growing Infrastructure & Environmental Division. Positioned to shape and enhance our business development and marketing efforts this unique position is perfectly suited for the self-motivated individual with a strong creative drive.

Duties and Responsibilities:

• Brand Management - Maintain and update sales and marketing documentation, sales tools and presentations.
• Proposal Coordination – Development and Production.
• Implementation and promotion of marketing programs across the division.
• Frontline support for Business Development activities with various business partners.
• Assist with the organization of events including conferences, exhibitions and summits.
• Ensure business development projects are launched and completed on time.
• Coordinate various activities: procurement, media purchasing, and invoice processing within approved budgets.

Qualifications

The successful candidate will possess:

• Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Communication
• 3-5 years business development/marketing experience
• Strong Microsoft based computer skills
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• A detailed knowledge of marketing procedures, document and presentation production methods, proposal processes / proposal quality and business development in professional services.
• Project management experience would be considered an asset

Wardrop has been recognized as both a Top 100 employer in Canada as well as Top 20 employer of new Canadians more times that any firm in our industry This recognition underscores our extraordinary efforts to attract and retain highly talented people. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent compensation and benefits programs, and promote a life/work balance among our staff.

For further information, or to apply for one of these positions, please visit us online at: http://www.wardrop.co...­. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Wardrop is an equal opportunity employer.

Matthew S.
user 12171386
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 6

Canada's Web Shop is Hiring

We are looking for a PHP Web Programmer

Experience: 3+ Years

For more details and to submit your application visit: http://www.thewebshop.ca/careers­
Matthew U.
user 22816131
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 1
Hello, I'm new to the site so I wanted to post my availability here.

I am Primarily a 3D modeller, though I have been known to do Graphic Design, Video Editing, and Web Design when called upon.

Portfolio Site: http://hungrylights.c...­

SKILLS:
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Maya 2010, Microsoft Word and knowledgeable in Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, and Z-Brush.
- Experience in web design, having conceived, and implemented several websites, including a personal site I have maintained and upgraded several times since 2006.
- Have created assets for and assisted in the installation of interactive projected media.
- Experience communicating with clients on contracted projects.
- Have assumed both Leadership and Team member positions on projects.
- Organization and filing, along with scanning and computer archive organizing.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Post Graduate Diploma, 3D Computer graphics, Red River College, Winnipeg.
Diploma, Digital Multimedia and Technology, Red River College, Winnipeg.

EXPERIENCE:

(March 2011-Present) Whirlwind Media, 3D Modeling
(March 15th-April 27th 2011) CubeForce Media, Volunteer, 3D Modeling
(November 2010-February 2011) 3D projection asset contract work, PO-MO Inc,
(January-February 2011) Freelance video editing work
(2010) 3D Contract work, Firedance Games
Emily W.
emilyjv
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 3
My thoroughly brilliant work is hiring my replacement as an Administrative Assistant as well as another position as a Receptionist.

Front Desk Receptionist (Full-time 37.5 hours per week)

Responsibilities:

· Greet people coming into office, direct them to the appropriate contacts or services, and provide information in person and by phone

· Answer, screen and forward telephone calls from a multi-line switchboard, taking messages and providing information as required

· Schedule interested participants for intake session

· Check and forward voicemail messages

· Perform clerical duties

Qualifications:

· Excellent oral communication

· Decision making and problem solving skills

· Job task planning and organizing skills

· Demonstrated ability to offer superior customer services skills both in person and on the phone

· Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook

· Above average organizational abilities

· Attention to detail

· Superior interpersonal skills and be an effective team member

Administrative Assistant (Full-time 37.5 hours per week)

Responsibilities: This position require an administrative professional who enjoys preparing correspondence and promotional materials; processing and tracking various documents and submissions; data entry and spreadsheet management (financial, contractual and procedural information); photocopying and filing. The incumbent will process intake applications and maintain participant records, prepare meeting rooms, coordinate schedules, provide back-up coverage and training for Reception and record and distribute minutes.

Qualifications:

Relevant college diploma with a minimum of 3 years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Highly detail-oriented with a strong sense of customer service
Solid time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database applications and electronic mail
High degree of initiative and flexibility

Computer and clerical office testing will be performed as part of the recruitment process.

If you are interested in joining our team and making a significant impact on people’s lives, please email your resume to recruitment@ofe.ca, attention “Program Manager”. Please indicate the position and salary expectations in your cover letter. Deadline for applications is September 5, 2011. Only those people selected for interviews will be contacted.

2nd Floor, 352 Donald Street

Winnipeg, MB R3B 2H8

www.ofe.ca