addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

South Eastern CT Adventures Message Board › Bike Maintenance Help

Bike Maintenance Help

A former member
Post #: 13
Is there anyone in this group who lives in the Groton area that could help me with a few basic bike maintenance tasks?
A former member
Post #: 14
Willing to travel a bit as well.
Erin
user 10660540
Group Organizer
Mystic, CT
Post #: 4
Sean, do you need help or advice, just unclear as to your posting... can you mention more details ? I can help you, but I might be short on advice... while we are at it would you like to hit the trails at Bluff Point for a fun ride?
A former member
Post #: 15
Yes I need help. I need to adjust my brakes but I don't know how to adjust them and get them to work properly. I'd be interested in heading down to Bluff Point one day after work.
Erin
user 10660540
Group Organizer
Mystic, CT
Post #: 5
ooops, don't know that how to adjust brakes, we can brainstorm, can't be that difficult!!! :) ... would you like to coordinate over phone for a ride at bluff? my number is 860 912-0675... can you call me or give me your number ?
Gregg N
user 39777622
Pawcatuck, CT
Post #: 1
I'd be interested in an after work Bluff Point ride and may be able to help with the brake adjustments, too.
William C.
BillCarroll
Pawcatuck, CT
Post #: 3
if it is still open, i would like toride at bluff point after work one day. 860 941 6200. could use some maitenance help as well
William C.
BillCarroll
Pawcatuck, CT
Post #: 4
spell check too it looks like....
John
user 48024622
Old Saybrook, CT
Post #: 21
I think brakes are over-rated . . . . . but scheduling bike riding meet ups is a great idea. Why don't you guys take the initiative and set up meet ups and host on your favorite routes? I'd be happy to join you on any road rides! Sounds like we can host rides anywhere from Saybrook to Westerly.
A former member
Post #: 100
Is there anyone in this group who lives in the Groton area that could help me with a few basic bike maintenance tasks?
The RI Road Warriors has organized a FREE, Bike Maintenance Clinic; I plan on attending this one....hope this helps.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Caster's Bicycle Center
3480 Post Road, Warwick, RI --Free Repair Class - Get aquainted with your bike If you've just purchased a new bike or have one you're determined to get more use of, there are a few things you ought to know to maximize your time and pleasure on it. That's where Caster's Bicycle steps in. We know it's a real bummer when you're a few miles away from home and get a flat tire but don't know how to fix it. Come to our free clinic to learn the basics about keeping your bike in tip top shape for miles to come. No need to bring your bike. We have plenty here! Here's what we'll be going over: Fixing a flat Quick brake and gear adjustments Improving your shift technique and more... I attended this Clinic, a couple of years ago, and then again Last Year. I found it to be very informative. I am going back, more as a refresher and to learn something I may have forgotten. Whether you are a Newbie or an Experienced Cyclist, you should get something out of it. Plan to be there for at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours. FYI: They offer the Clinic, at least once a Month.