London Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Senior / lead tester for Trinity Mirror plc
We are currently looking for a senior / lead tester to join our Digital Development team in Canary Wharf to setup an automated and manual testing framework and to be in charge of the testing strategy for the department. We are in the process of migrating all sites to a common Escenic CMS and creating solid test automation is crucial for the ongoing quality of our sites.
There is already some limited Selenium 2 / WebDriver testing implemented but now we would like to have someone dedicated for this job. Since we don't currently have any dedicated testers this is an opportunity to build our QA team. The successful candidate would also help to recruit a junior tester to the team.
About Trinity Mirror
Trinity Mirror plc is Britain's biggest newspaper group with national titles Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and People, and the Scottish Sunday Mail and Daily Record. Besides these titles we publish over 130 regional titles including Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and The Journal. We have over 500 digital products and have a digitial department of over 200 people.
Our digital team has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where individuals are given room to grow within their abilities and aspirations. We aim to gather the best parts of startup culture combined with support and resources of our large plc - this is a work in progress as you can imagine.
1. Setup and maintain test automation environment using Selenium 2 / WebDriver and Jenkins
2. Mentor and train junior testers and developers on writing reliable and fast tests
3. Participate in manual test planning and execution where automated testing isn't feasible
4. Planning and execution of load testing when necessary, possibly with Apache JMeter.
5. Work together with business owners to ensure QA team has their full support
Your background and skills
1. Current experience from similar role is essential including with Selenium 2 / WebDriver
2. Knowledge of different operating systems (our servers run Ubuntu and development is done with Mac and Windows machines)
3. Pragmatic approach to testing and quality assurance
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - no agencies please!