San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Check out the possibilities...Riverbed. We are hiring QA Software Engineers.
|A former member||
Like analyzing and breaking complex systems?
Excited by virtualization and networking?
Ready to work on something big?
We’ve got the job for you.
You’ll be working on serious software that 60 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You’ll be surrounded by experts in the field, but be empowered to forge your own path. You’ll have the right tools – from a hands-off, fully-automated lab with a few thousand machines at your disposal, to a test code library built so that you concentrate on your test logic, not the trivial stuff. We understand that you need just enough of the right processes, so you’ll take part in code reviews and use proven documentation and progress tracking standards that help us build and test rock-solid products. And most importantly, you’ll have new challenges at every turn.
We’re a fun group that feels more “Web 2.0” than “Big Company.” You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don’t care, as long as it fits your style. Enjoy the near by University of Illinois college campus setting with terrific restaurants, nightlife, fascinating lectures and world-renowned speakers.
Full-time –San Francisco, Sunnyvale or Champaign, IL
• Develop, extend, execute, and analyze regression, functional, and performance test plans and automation for our virtualization components and products.
• Identify, setup, test, and troubleshoot permutations of software, hardware, and network configurations.
• Develop and extend scripts, programs, and other tools to implement test automation.
• Document and track your work and participate in code and design reviews.
• Four years equivalent QA experience or Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE, Math, Physics-related field or
• Two years of equivalent QA experience or Master’s degree in a CS, CE, EE, Math, Physics-related field.
• Scripting and/or programming using one of the following: Perl, python, ruby, tcl, C/C#/Objective C/C++, or java.
• Strong experience with QA Engineering methodologies.
• Great logical debugging ability.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Solid attention to detail.
• Can work on your own but know when to ask for help.
• Fluency in object-oriented Perl and shell command line.
• Familiarity with Linux/UNIX-based systems.
• Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, iOS/CatOS devices, WANs, iSCSI, etc.) and Wireshark.
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company. We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.