San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Automation Engineer Position at Kodak Gallery
|A former member||
We're looking for an experienced or junior software engineer to engage and drive automation priorities for a world class engineering team. Perform Software Automation engineer tasks to develop automation framework and scripts for a complex web-based built using Service Oriented Architecture, Flex and Ajax. Demonstrate experience and leadership in automation testing methodologies, tools, testing approaches and planning.
Kodak Gallery - Company Background
KODAK Gallery is an emerging leader and is a cornerstone of Kodak’s forum into the on-line digital space. We empower our customers to express themselves utilizing their personal content. We are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to join our very dynamic team and fun, fast-paced culture, and be part of the greatest photography company in the world.
The Kodakgallery.com web site offers people a secure and easy way to share their photos with friends and family and get high quality Kodak prints of their pictures. We also offer free editing, creative tools and a range of creative photo products such as personalized photo books, photo calendars, cards, gifts and apparel. The Gallery is available in 12 countries, has more than 80 million members and over 5 billion pictures stored.
• Define and Develop Test Automation Solutions working with Development and Quality Assurance teams
• Develops and Improves automation testing methods and processes and overall quality of testing deliverables.
• Work with the Development team to identify and implement automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
• Collaborating with our Development, QA and Operations teams on best practices, process changes, and coding standards as part of continuous deployment improvement.
• Provide technical guidance to junior-level engineers for participating in overall automation effort.
• 2-5 years of development experience with web based systems.
• Strong Knowledge and experience of Java, J2Ee and relational databases.
• Experience developing automation frameworks with other open source tools like Selenium is a plus.
• Experience with scripting languages like Python or Ruby is a plus.
• Experience with build and deployment tools like Cruise control, Maven, Ant.
• Experience with server configuration, environment setup and debugging skills. VMware a plus.
• Passion for testing and the ability to work independently on diverse problems.
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Driven to meet aggressive milestones.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science.