San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Hot Job Update!! Seeking a QA Software Engineer - Lead, Cambridge, MA
|A former member||
Like analyzing and breaking complex systems?
Excited by virtualization and networking?
Ready to work on something big?
We've got the job for you.
You'll be working on serious software that over 80 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You'll be surrounded by experts in the field, but be empowered to forge your own path. You'll have the right tools -- from a hands-off, fully-automated lab with a few thousand machines at your disposal, to a test code library built so that you concentrate on your test logic, not the trivial stuff. We understand that you need just enough of the right processes, so you'll take part in code reviews and use proven documentation and progress tracking standards that help us build and test rock-solid products. And most importantly, you'll have new challenges at every turn.
Full-time --QA Software Engineer-Lead Cambridge, MA
• Understand, expand, and integrate existing automated frameworks and harness written in Python, Perl, and C#.
• Be responsible for setting strategy and approach to increase and optimized automated test coverage.
• Integrate new Products into the various automated frameworks used by the QA team.
• Design, develop, and implement an automated framework/environment to discover and isolate performance bottlenecks.
• Create, execute, and maintain automated CLI based regression test scripts in a Perl based framework.
• Create, execute, and maintain automated web based UI tests in a Python based Selenium framework.
• Create, execute, and maintain Windows based automated tests in a C# based framework.
• Design, maintain, and execute manual and semi-manual tests for new and legacy product features.
• Participate in the entire development life cycle, from requirements gathering, to functional specification, to qualifying of features.
• Bachelor's degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and four years QA experience; or
• Master's degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and two years of QA experience.
• Demonstrated success building automated frameworks and harnesses from the ground up in a Linux environment.
• Expert level programming in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, TCL
• Understand QA methodologies and capable of designing test strategies and individual test cases to provide full coverage of new and legacy features.
• Willing and highly capable of providing manual test coverage for new features or areas of the product that are not good candidates for automation.
• Demonstrated success automating Web Based User Interfaces with Selenium a major plus
• Demonstrated success automating .NET Windows applications a major plus
• Familiarity with networking (TCP/IP routing/switching, iOS/CatOS devices, WANs, iSCSI, etc.) and Wireshark.
• Used open source or home grown tools to emulate real network based applications
• Designed, implemented, and maintained an automated environment to conduct Stress and Capacity testing on Network Devices or Appliances
• User of IP traffic generators (Layers 3 through 7) such as Ixia IxLoad or SmartBits Avalanche
• Working knowledge of major IP infrastructure products such as firewalls, routers and switches a plus
• Ability to successfully analyze and debug network issues with Wireshark or other packet analysis tools a plus
Riverbed Cascade™ (formerly Mazu Profiler) combines visibility into end-to-end application delivery dependencies and Network Behavior Analysis (NBA) to address these management gaps. Riverbed's management solution spans network, security, and data center operations groups to provide application performance management, improved threat and compliance management, and CMDB discovery.
Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD) is a San Francisco-based company. We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.