San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Kiva is hiring a QA Automation Engineer!
San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Engineer
San Francisco, CA - SOMA
Full time salary plus benefits
Called the "hottest non-profit on the planet" by FORTUNE magazine and a Top 50 Website by TIME, Kiva (www.kiva.org) is the world's first person-to-person lending marketplace for the poor. In just 5 years, Kiva has raised $250 million from 600k lenders to 600k borrowers in 60 countries. Kiva combines the culture and approach of an internet start-up with an intense focus on alleviating global poverty. Kiva is poised to take its initial success to a whole new level - targeting $1 billion in loans by 2015 and expansion into new areas (e.g. student loans, climate change, etc). Headquartered in San Francisco, Kiva's team has 100 smart, passionate, and fun employees and 500+ volunteers.
* Design, develop, execute automated smoke, functional, and regression automated tests for Kiva’s websites
* Help build automation testing infrastructure
* Identify test automation requirements and estimates
* Document Automation procedures and maintain the automated tests throughout product life cycle
* Identify and fix inefficiencies in test tools/procedures
* Set up, configure, and execute automated tests for product releases
* BS/MS Degree in CS/EE or equivalent
* Minimum 2 years’ experience with QA Automation Tools (Selenium and/or Watir preferred)
* Understanding of relational databases (MySQL) and SQL querying tool
* Minimum 2 years’ experience scripting/programming languages (Python, Bash, PHP, Ruby, Java)
* Experience developing automated tests for consumer-facing web apps
* Experience with Scrum
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Flexible, adaptive and open minded
* Casual work environment
* Opportunity to join the team of the world's first online personal lending platform
* Base salary with bonus potential, plus a comprehensive benefits package
* Tons of "psychic income" for doing good in the world - priceless!
Please understand that although Kiva is run like a SV tech startup, we are a non-profit organization and there are no equity or stock options; while our salaries are in line with small non-profit companies, we cannot compete with for-profit salaries.
* Send email to email@example.com. Include in the Subject Line: QA Automation Engineer Application
* Include resume and brief cover letter explaining why you're interested / qualified
* Please do not contact the office directly with any questions or follow-up inquiries
* Principals only
Please note that this position is not eligible for relocation or visa sponsorship.
Due to the high numbers of applicants for this position, we regret that we can only respond to candidates that we would like to interview.