San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Upcoming Workshops: Intro to Selenium & Mobile Acceptance Testing with Frank

Upcoming Workshops: Intro to Selenium & Mobile Acceptance Testing with Frank

Ashley W.
user 11983988
San Francisco, CA
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know of two upcoming workshops that might be of interest:

1. The first is an "Intro to Selenium and Automated Testing" Workshop that I've organized with our friends at OpenDNS for Saturday, February 23rd from 10:30am-4:30pm. Led by Santiago Suarez Ordonez, chief ninja at Sauce Labs, this workshop is geared at folks who are totally new to test automation. You'll get hands-on exposure to writing and running automated test scripts and learn some basic Selenium concepts, such as identifying selectors and refactoring your code. For more info and to RSVP, visit http://seleniumworksh...­.

2. The second is on mobile acceptance testing with Frank, a popular iOS testing framework. It will be led by Pete Hodgson, the maintainer of Frank, who has this to say about it:

Is anyone out there interesting in attending an (almost) free half-day tutorial on mobile acceptance testing with an emphasis on iOS? In about a month's time I'll be hosting a mobile testing tutorial as part of mdevcon in Amsterdam. I'd like to do a practice run of this tutorial here before that.

I said *almost* free, didn't I? Well, I will be taking nominal $5 donations from attendees before the course, to be donated to a charity selected by attendees. The reason for the donation is to try and prevent a bunch of flakes from signing up and then not showing up.

The workshop would be 3.5 hours long, and I'm thinking of hosting it in San Francisco on the afternoon of Saturday March 2nd. That's not long from now, so please let me know ASAP if you're interested in attending by emailing me:phodgson@thoughtworks.com­.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you at our next meetup!

Cheers,
Ashley