San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Quality Assurance Engineer Opening with Amazon in Seattle
|A former member||
Quality Assurance Engineer, Amazon, Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about technology, obsess over quality and care deeply about customer experience? Love to learn, innovate and solve problems? If so, read on!
Digital Software and Video Games Team is looking for an experienced QA engineer to design and build test systems and processes to help promote quality products and services. As a QA Engineer on the Test & Automation frameworks group, you will be driving quality across the group by adopting best practices, designing test plans, managing deployments and helping SDETs create test frameworks to help support multiple development teams.
To be successful you'll need to have lots of experience testing complex web products, knowledge of SOA, a strong sense of ownership and customer focus. You should be able to read and write some code and be able to pore through code reviews to find potentially vulnerable areas. You need a strong grasp of modern testing concepts and advanced automation tools. You probably have more than 5 years of experience. If you are the kind of person who naturally creates new opportunities and drives projects to completion, sometimes across several functions and groups, you should apply now.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build very cool services that will help solve some very unique problems. We feel and care strongly about individual growth and with our unique exposure to multiple development, business and operations teams; you gain the opportunity to grow in a variety of ways. Our team is growing fast and with it so can you. We offer an environment that's exciting, motivating, fun, and colleagues who will support you to achieve more than you thought possible.
What you’ll be responsible for:
• Designing and writing test plans and test specifications to address functional, system, performance and integration testing
• Executing detailed test procedures, both manual and automated, designed to validate application functional requirements
• Monitoring customer escalations, reproducing defects in-house and driving issues to closure
• Creating and/or maintaining automated test scripts to ensure superior test coverage and speedier defect discovery
• Documenting defects and test cases; maintaining test assets
• Working closely with development and automation resources to drive current and future projects
• Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance or Operations Engineering professional
• Experience using defect tracking and test case management systems (Bugzilla, JIRA, OTRS, or equivalent)
• Experience with QA & test tools (Selenium, JUnit, JMeter, etc)
• BS or MS in CS/EE or equivalent
• Experience with code coverage, profiling, and performance/load testing
• Experience managing, resolving or troubleshooting customer issues and delivering long term fixes via process and/or engineering changes.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
• Experience building & testing APIs and services
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
For more information, please contact: