San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › What to cover at our first meetup?

What to cover at our first meetup?

John D.
johndunham
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone!

I think this is the first message to the new San Francisco Selenium meetup group. I'm happy to see that we currently have 23 members who have joined. I'll be working to spread the word about this meetup -- please feel free to do the same.

We don't yet have any meetings scheduled. Before we cover the when, I thought I'd ask: What topics would people like to see discussed?

Here are some general categories that come to mind... feel free to add your own:

- Selenium scripting techniques
- Workarounds for tough problems
- Configuring Selenium
- Hack sessions -- banging out technically interesting scripts, using Selenium in interesting ways, and/or modifying Selenium source code itself
- Scaling Selenium to handle large numbers of scripts, users, data, etc.
- What else?
Frank C.
user 8085205
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Al:

I'd like to talk about how people are using Selenium IDE and RC. I've found a number of difference between two when working with Selenese files. For example, JavaScript functions that work fine in RC that don't work in IDE. I would be happy to share at the meet-up.

-Frank
Sarah M.
user 3058748
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
So is this Meetup group still happening? I'd love to hear about people's experiences with complex deployments of Selenium Grid. I can share what we've been doing for CI for our Ruby on Rails app - it's kind of an ugly amalgamation of cron jobs, ruby scripts, and selenium extensions, but it's working. I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do the same thing.