San Francisco Selenium Meetup Group Message Board › Automated Test Developer -- still looking!
|A former member||
It's been quite a while since my last post or stand-up so I'd like to refresh something in anyone's mind that might be interested. I am at Lyris in Emeryville. We have a great position for someone who wants to work with a variety of tools in a fun Agile development shop, great interaction with developers of all stripes and genuinely strong support for quality through automation, integration and overall cutting edge practices. Check out the listing below, contact me if you want a more personal view on the possibilities!
Hope we're meeting up soon!
-Jonathan Alkema (jalkema at lyris dot com)
Lyris, Inc. is a leader in building tools for on line marketing. Our flagship product Lyris HQ, is an all-in-one online marketing solution that integrates email marketing with search, social, and mobile channels, enhanced by embedded Deliverability and Web analytics. This unique solution grows with the needs of online marketers and provides actionable insights to help make intelligent decisions and improve results.
Lyris is currently looking for an experienced coder with exposure to Rich Internet Applications and web testing to fill the position of Automated Test Developer in our fast-paced, dynamic environment. The position is based in Emeryville, CA.
* Script new automated test cases and debug issues in test cases authored by others. Tests will require significant hand-coding in multiple scripting languages.
* Write well modularized, reusable scripts to connect existing tools and processes into our fast growing QA automation framework, Agile development and Continuous Build Integration. Execute, maintain and expand framework and cases for current production applications.
* Work with feature developers to define and implement API, unit and regression test plans. Implement code coverage methods, analyze use cases and dependencies.
* Evangelize and train development and QA engineers on what and how to automate for best returns.
* Provide accurate and feasible work estimates for authoring components of arbitrary size.
* Proactively recommend process, tool and infrastructure improvements.
Required skills and experience
* Experience with multiple QA phases: unit testing, regression testing, stress or load testing, usability testing. Exposure to Agile Scrum development cycle preferred.
* Exposure to automated testing of Rich Internet Applications with Flash, Flex, Java or Silverlight.
* Experience automating testing involving multiple of the following: Flex, Java, Ruby, PHP
* SQL skills, exposure to mysql and scripted database queries preferred.
* Proficient in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments
* Understanding of release processes, Agile development methodology and ability to evangelize quality across multiple teams and departments.
* Excellent problem-solving skills, including isolating bugs in a multi-layered environment.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; must be able to follow high-level design strategies and implement specified modules in alignment with overall design goals.
Desired skills and experience
* Experience with web testing tools: Firebug, Selenium, Selenium-Flex API, fluint, FlexMonkey, RIATest, rspec, Cucumber, IE Watch, Web Load.
* Experience with Flex, preferably in a QA Automation context.
* Experience with unit test harnesses: PHPunit, Junit, SimpleTest.
* Experience with email/messaging applications.
* Experience working in Agile/iterative product lifecycles.
* Experience with Continuous Build Integration systems.
* B.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience.