April 1, 2014 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Turns out member Bethany Kelly is a book production expert and she has offered to share her knowledge on the topic with the group on April 1st, no foolin'! Here's what she'll be talking about.
I’m done writing my book. Now what?
• From manuscript to holding the book in your hand--the self-publisher’s sequence of book production steps.
• What is workflow and how to use it to keep you sane during the production phase.
• Which steps of production you must remain involved in as the author and which steps you’d do better to get outside help with.
• Tips for operating on a shoe-string budget.
• Avoiding project overwhelm.
Bethany Kelly spent over a decade as creative director and project manager of a non-profit organization, responsible for managing the products division. She managed an international team of creative professionals, directing the development and production of over 300 pages of content each month. Initially focused on print delivery, primarily books, booklets and physical products, she ultimately shifted production to online daigital delivery.
Today, she mixes her professional experience and ability with her creativity as she supports speakers, experts and authors in creating amazing books and products that stand out in the marketplace and generate profit.
Personal blog: www.letmusicinspire.com
See you on Tuesday, April 1st!