Lotico New York Semantic Web Message Board › Reminder: June 27-28, Semantic Web Developer Summit - Hackathon at Tetherles
|A former member||
On June 27-28, in Troy, NY some of the leading researchers in semantic health and life sciences will be present during the Health and Life Sciences Hackathon at RPI’s Tetherless World Constellation (TWC). Travel grants are available via the registration site. Register now at http://twcsciverse201...
The TWC is known worldwide to innovate the Semantic Web for the Health and Life Sciences, and includes:
• James Hendler (‘father of the semantic web’),
• Deborah McGuinness (co-editor of the Ontology Web Language, helped start the web ontology working group out of work as a co-author of the DAML language, helped form the Joint EU/US Agent Markup Language Committee which evolved the DAML language into the oil-reference DAML OIL description logic-based ontology language.) and
• Joanne Luciano (played a leading role in the BioPathways Consortium, in the creation and development of BioPAX and the establishment of the W3C initiative in the Health Care and Life Sciences).
The following judges will be present:
• Paolo Ciccarese (Scientist and Senior Software Engineer, Mass General Hospital; Faculty, Harvard Medical School)
• Chris Baker (Research Chair, Innovatia, who serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Biomedical Semantics and is an invited expert for the W3C's Semantic Web in Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group (HCLSIG).)
• Bob Powers (Semantics Engineer, Consultant at Predictive Medicine)
• M. Scott Marshall (Department of Medical Statistics and Bioinformatics, Leiden University Medical Center)
• Ora Lassila (Principal Technologist, Nokia; co-author of the W3C RDF specification)
• Elizabeth Brooks (Head of Computing & IT, UHI, Scotland)
• Scott Virkler (Elsevier: SVP e-Products Global Medical Research)
• Helen Moran (Elsevier: VP Smart Content Strategy)
1. Grand Prize - $1500
2. Second Prize - $1000
3. Third Prize - $500
For the complete program go here: http://tw.rpi.edu/web...
Come, hack and innovate science.
SciVerseDev - Developer Evangelist