Lotico New York Semantic Web Message Board › VoCamp NYC - any interest?

VoCamp NYC - any interest?

Christine Connors
CJMConnors
Morrisville, PA
Post #: 1
Hi all!

I have wanted for some time to host a Vocamp (vocamp.org) here in the States. What is it? It's an informal event for a small group of people to build lightweight vocabularies or ontologies for semantic web use. They can be personal or project oriented, but given the short timeframe they should be focused, and of course they should be public! Vocamps are highly hands on, have some structure, and can include tutorial sessions - How To's on building simple ontologies. Generally around 20 people attend.

Marco, Mark Matienzo and I have been having some discussions around it. We have narrowed it down to happening some time in July, VERY likely at the NYPL.

In order to determine the size of room we need, the budget and if we need to find sponsors to help cover costs, I'd like to get a sense from you all how many might be interested in attending? If we get a great response we can make it a regular event.

SO - are you interested in attending? Questions?

Thanks!
Christine
Marco Neumann
user 2316446
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 21
I will be there and I am already looking forward to the VoCamp.
Bradley W. Bloch
bwbloch
New York, NY
I'd definitely be there. Is this happening?
A former member
Is this a single or multi session event?

If you are taking suggestions on a domain, I'd love to work on a vocabulary for commercial enterprise software.
A former member
YES, p l e a s e - DeirdreOB
Jon
jstroop
Princeton, NJ
I would be interested as well.
A former member
Post #: 2
Can I come to the Sunday session if I can’t make the Saturday session?
-Rafi