Freebase will be having a hack day on July 11th from 10am to 6pm at our office in San Francisco. Stop by if you have a Freebase or open data project that you want to work on, or to find out more about Freebase and Linked Open Data.
Here's an overview of some of the sessions and presentations:
- Find out about how Freebase's part in the Linked Open Data
world, and how to use Semantic Web
techniques and tools to work with Freebase data.
- We''ll be launching Acre 1.0 just a few days before Hack Day. Jason Douglas will be showing off the features of our hosted app development platform
, including the ability to share and clone apps, connect to other APIs with our keystore and OAuth, and build queries and templated web pages based on Freebase data more easily than ever before. Acre's come a long way since our last Hack Day, so don't miss this. (Read more about Acre.
- The MQL Boot Camp will be run this year by Bryan Culbertson. Learn how to query against Freebase's structured data about almost 6 million topics, and see the new features of our query editor, including tab-completion for syntax and schema. (Read more about MQL
and the query editor
- Learn how to use Freebase to enhance your website with structured data, like the Wall Street Journal
, or build entire apps and websites on Acre, like Tippify
- Hack on apps like our Games With A Purpose
, a TV program schedule mashup, and more. If you have a project and you're looking for partners, technical help, or ideas, bring it with you! We're also working on having a handful of projects ready for people to hack on who haven't brought one of their own.)
More details are here:
Please stop by!