Silicon Valley Semantic Technology (SVST) Group Message Board › Semantic Web Jobs

Semantic Web Jobs

Marco N.
user 2316446
New York, NY
I know jobs ads can be an annoyance, but since our community is still very small I would like to pass this one on. This Semantic Web Company is based in Mountain View CA and has an office in Washington DC. I think this could be a great opportunity for the right person to professionally work in the Semantic Web industry with a key player in the market!

BTW you can check for and post Semantic Web Jobs on our New York Semantic Web Wiki :

http://www.swnyc.org/...­

Mea culpa,
Marco

1. Ontology Modeler Systems Engineer, Mountain View CA
2. Software Engineer, Mountain View CA

1. Ontology Modeler Systems Engineer, Mountain View CA

My client is in Mountain View CA. They are looking for an Ontology Modeler/Systems Engineer. The primary focus will be on developing information models for Aerospace Vehicles and Systems. This includes general enterprise architecture modeling (e.g., organizations, processes, tools) as well as models specific to engineering domains (e.g., vehicles, sub-systems, devices and functions). You will be using Semantic Web standards (RDF and OWL) and XML. Any knowledge of these technologies is a big plus, but we will train the right person.

This position requires:

* More than 5 years of modeling experience (either object modeling, system modeling, data modeling or knowledge modeling)
* A degree and/or work experience in an engineering field
* Strong communications skills (experience interviewing people for knowledge capture, running workshops, etc.)

Knowledge of space systems and their engineering disciplines is a distinct advantage. This includes avionics, mechanics, hydraulics, propulsion, guidance and navigation, telemetry and control systems. Some past or current programming skills will be an advantage, especially in Java, Prolog or a functional language such as Haskell.

The ideal candidate would also have one (or more) of the following qualifications. Knowledge and experience of:

* Modeling formalisms such as UML and SysML.
* Information and knowledge structuring formalisms such as ASN.1,XML, RDF, OWL.
* Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as DODAF and TOGAF
* Training and/or experience in computational linguistics

The person should enjoy working on challenging problems, be a self starter, have strong communication skills and ready to show a lot of initiative. He/she should want to work in a dynamic and growing small company with collegial culture and many opportunities to learn and do different things.

We offer competitive salary, bonus, major medical, dental and an attractive stock option plan. The position is in our Mountain View, California location. We will provide assistance with the relocation expenses.

Mary Frances Hunter

503 232 8822

Recruiter Extraordinaire

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--------

2. Software Engineer, Mountain View CA

My client is in Mountain View CA. They are looking for Software Engineers who know server-side Java development and want to work on a Semantic Web product.

The Product Suite is built on Eclipse but with a Web UI. They want to add more features. This involves design, development, test and integration of the new features. We need someone who is a self-starter, as there is little supervision. There is collaboration.

New feature may include the importing and exporting of data, merging and transferring data, connecting to external data bases, managing changes to forms?..

Technologies involved are: Java, Eclipse, Topcat, Adobe Products, AJAX/Flex, Mash-ups, OWL, RDF/S, SPARQL?

Mary Frances Hunter

503 232 8822

Recruiter Extraordinaire.