addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Lotico Washington Semantic Web Message Board › PBS RDF Prototype

PBS RDF Prototype

GlennC
GlennClatworthy
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 13
As I've mentioned in our recent meetings, I have been working on a proof-of-concept system for generating PBS program information in the RDF format. My goal was to produce files covering the most critical production, content, and in particular diversity details of individual PBS programs in response to a request from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

I have been responsible for content oversight of our centralized production database--in its historical progression of formats--since 1987. I produced these files using an Access VBA module linked to the SQL Server database we use as the reporting instance of the production system.

My test data set, covering all programs distributed on 10/1/2009, is on my personal host at:

Glenn's RDF examples

These files don't in any way represent a present or future PBS commitment to distribute information in this format. It's been both a technology pilot and a rewarding learning experience for me.

As a novice, I would be very grateful for any or all comments about stylistic issues or actual errors (e.g., incorrect use of Dublin Core). I've already accomplished enough to die happy: the W3C RDF validator said, "Your RDF document validated successfully."

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Glenn Clatworthy
Director, PBS Standards and Archiving
Marco N.
user 2316446
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 38
Way to go. Very nice I hope I can soon use this live to find my favorite programs.