Mar 20, 2013 · 7:00 PM
We will start at 19.00 with two speakers:
- John Tillema van Tweetonig: Verteld over wat zij doen met IoT
- Martijn Arts: Hack-the-Brain hackathon
At the kick-off meeting on the 20th of February, we did a round of ideas/brainstorm, a grouping of ideas and finally vote for a project to pursue in the coming meetings. Result were:
1) Open thermostat
2) Bike retrofit
3) (Bluetooth) heart monitor or similar
In addition to this, some ideas evolved for more random IoT-related activities that got a lot of interest of participants: hack-a-thons, education, IoT landmark and weather balloon.
It was jointly decided to proceed now with the Open Thermostat project.
For the next meeting the proposed agenda is the following:
1) Determine/decide on features we need and features that would be nice (so two lists!)
2) Form subgroups that are going to tackle the following area's:
- Hardware design
- Embedded software
- Server-side/app development?
- Physical design
3) Get together with your subgroup and get started/make a compact plan
I hope that everybody is as excited to get going, and for everybody that was not at the last meeting, but is interested: Come join us, you're more than welcome.
BTW In addition, to the project I working on having an interesting speaker with a relation towards Making and/or IoT