Announcing a new Meetup for SEO Grail!
What: SEO Grail October Meetup
When: October 29,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: October'08 Meet-Up AGENDA:
Topic of the month: Latest SEO tips
Guest Speaker: Eppie Vojt
Eppie Vojt will make a 20min presentation on some of his recent SEO related discoveries. If we are good with time, I'll share few observations from SMX East in NYC earlier this month.
In the spirit of Halloween lets keep the meeting short & sharp. May be we can grab a drink at Brownies or any other local bar after the meeting.
September'08 Meet-Up AGENDA:
Topic of the month: Affiliate Marketing and SEO
Guest Speaker: Adam Jewell
Affiliate marketing is basically performance-based marketing, whereby affiliates / partners promote a merchant's product / service and get remunerated for every sale, visit or subscription sent to the merchant (Pre-defined Call To Action).
There are some SEO benefits (text links) but debatable. It'll be awesome if we can share our experiences around this tactics. Not sure if Wil (Seer) will make it but would be nice to get his hands on perspective about SEO benefits.
There is no question about the potential traffic lift and conversion possibilities with a strategically managed affiliate marketing program.
If you are not aware of affiliate marketing, it'll be a good idea to review these links:
- What is Affiliate Marketing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketing
- SEO benefits of affiliate marketing: http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3620086
AUGUST'08 Meet-Up AGENDA:
Topic of the month: Local Search for Small Businesses and Beyond
Guest Speaker: Adam Figueira, SEO Manager, Commerce360
- Why have the engines moved in the direction of providing location-specific results?
- Why should local search matter to companies?
- What do people search in which location actually matters?
- How do the engines produce local search results?
- From an SEO perspective, how can companies employ a local search strategy to win new business?
- How do we quantify the value of local search?
**Some food for thought: Share your experiences**
1. Search Engine Ranking Factors (SEOmoz): http://www.seomoz.org/article/search-ranking-factors
2. Local Search Ranking Factors (David Mihm): http://www.davidmihm.com/local-search-ranking-factors.shtml
JUNE'08 Meet-Up AGENDA:
- Social Media and its Impact on SEO: About a year back Google started what is called universal or blended search. It basically is the practice of blending search result listings from news, video, images, and specialized, vertical search engines.
a) How has it affected search optimization (SEO) practices, particularly for larger brands? (Search: "Comcast" on Google)
b) Has the blending of results changed how we compete for rankings?
c) More importantly, if social media is becoming that significant ? how do we gather market intelligence from social media?
- SEO Strategies: Subdomains and Subdirectories: SEO strategies using subdomains and subdirectories: The hottest search engine topic of 2007? Let's share our experience / thoughts on this topic.
I have posted couple of documents under "files" for reference on the above two topics.
MAY'08 Meet-Up AGENDA:
- Keyword Analysis: Starting point of an effective SEO campaign is accurate keyword analysis based on personas of the target audience. Under pressure from Google and Yahoo, MSN has developed a good keyword analysis tool (adCenter). Anyone who runs a campaign on MSN (Min. $5) can leverage on it. Wil Reynolds (Seer Interactive) demonstrated how to use adCenter with Excel-07 for effective keyword analysis.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/seo-philly/calendar/8827139/