Search Engine Optimization Orlando Message Board › Re-Org Meetup & Intro

Re-Org Meetup & Intro

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Search Engine Optimization Orlando!

What: Re-organizing and Introduction

When: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:30 AM

Where: Einstein's Bagels in Maitland
441 S Orlando Ave
Maitland, FL 32751
407-644-3892

This will be a re-organizing meeting to get SEO-Lunch (soon to be renamed) back on track.

There will be a SEO "door prize" of a sure fire method to improve your position in SERPs for your local service area for all that attend.

I will provide a brief introduction to BungeeBones, which is a "distributed (i.e. remotely hosted) web directory script, and will open up for discussion its possible uses as a SEO and traffic improvement tool along with any other web promotion related discussions

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi all,

I've selected as the topic of this next meeting "The Limits of SEO". While is it is well understood that SEO should be an integral part of practically all website management practices there are limits as far as what it can do. The easiest way I can think of to show what I mean is to have you all Google the term "SEO" and see how many millions of results it returns and then ask how many are on the first results page. Obviously, the answer is only 20. So if the SEO experts can't get their own SEO companies all on the first SERP because of the huge amount of competition then isn't it reasonable to expect similar limits if your site is in as competitive a category as SEO is.

I realize the above is an over-simplistic analogy but the point is to emphasize that there are, indeed, limits to what SEO can do for you. Those limits are affected by how competitive your category is. Analyzing the competition and determining how much competition you have is an important step towards finding those terms or categories where your SEO effort can indeed get your site to the top.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know II updated this Meetup's profile page to reflect its migration away from the SEOLunch name, its expansion beyond SEO into Pay Per Click, Link Exchange, and even brick and mortar website promotion methods.

I also added a line to explain it's new affiliation with BungeeBones and to emphasize it's purpose to be primarily educational in all the above areas.

To find out more about BungeeBones you can visit the BungeeBones User Group site http://www.bbugs.org/...­ or BungeeBones.com