Sewing with Style Message Board › "I have nothing to wear!"

"I have nothing to wear!"

Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 46
And I don't have Jesse's energy for sewing something prize worthy. I need something to wear to my friend's wedding in November. At this point I have nothing. How many others are in this same boat?
David and H.
user 7088194
Austin, TX
Post #: 18
I have so many wonderful clothes that don't fit me at the moment.. would you like to borrow something dear?
Susan K.
moonthirty
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
Should we have party to make you something, Roseana? That sounds like fun... :D

Oh and yes, I never have anything to wear to the grocery store, much less a wedding. If I did laundry from time to time that would probably help... ;)
Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 47
I have so many wonderful clothes that don't fit me at the moment.. would you like to borrow something dear?
Oh Heather, you are a sweetie. I've got 5 sudden pounds on me, too. Plus the others I didn't want. But I wouldn't want to rule your suggestion out of hand . . .
Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 48
Should we have party to make you something, Roseana? That sounds like fun... :D

Oh and yes, I never have anything to wear to the grocery store, much less a wedding. If I did laundry from time to time that would probably help... ;)
Maybe I should start with a grocery store get-up. smile
Karel R.
user 4752923
Austin, TX
Post #: 43
Are you looking to sew up something that looks good and can be done quickly in time for the wedding? Do you need ideas? If so, we could come next Tuesday with ideas, if you can tell us what kind of look you want (dress, or dressy top and pants maybe?) , and what kind of silhouette you prefer.
Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 49
Are you looking to sew up something that looks good and can be done quickly in time for the wedding? Do you need ideas? If so, we could come next Tuesday with ideas, if you can tell us what kind of look you want (dress, or dressy top and pants maybe?) , and what kind of silhouette you prefer.
Karel,

Yes! Please.

I'm finishing a UFO, which may or may not make the cut. I've found so much dissatisfaction lately in the things I've tried. I'm open to suggestion.

FYI, it's a small, casual wedding in the LA back yard of my friend's friend. So I need to dress in a way I'd be comfortable perching on a folding chair in a back yard. I have until Nov. 10 to do all the major construction. Hand work and finishing on the days prior to Nov. 16, the wedding day.

Karel R.
user 4752923
Austin, TX
Post #: 44
Some ideas: a comfy knit dress with full or flared skirt, with a wrap front or ruching or other detail, in a solid color that will look good with the wedding party's color. Dress could be short sleeved or 3/4 sleeves, worn with a colorful shawl in case it's cool, or a colorful shrug that would look good with the lines of the dress. Or slim cut, straight leg pants in silk dupioni, worn with a loose tunic in rich, fall tones that complement the wedding party's colors. Tunic could be printed fabric, or I could picture a striped dupioni, something kind of special looking, but not fussy.
Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 50
Some ideas: a comfy knit dress with full or flared skirt, with a wrap front or ruching or other detail, in a solid color that will look good with the wedding party's color. Dress could be short sleeved or 3/4 sleeves, worn with a colorful shawl in case it's cool, or a colorful shrug that would look good with the lines of the dress. Or slim cut, straight leg pants in silk dupioni, worn with a loose tunic in rich, fall tones that complement the wedding party's colors. Tunic could be printed fabric, or I could picture a striped dupioni, something kind of special looking, but not fussy.
Maybe now's a good time to tell you that there's no chance I will be outdoing a "bride" or inadvertently matching any bridesmaids. My dear friend from high school is marrying his wonderful partner, under California's newly codified marriage laws!
David and H.
user 7088194
Austin, TX
Post #: 19
Feel free to browse my wardrobe though dear, your 5 lbs are nothing to my 15lbs… so there is lots there, some vintage… many exotic..