addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › Patch Pocket Class — in San Francisco

Patch Pocket Class — in San Francisco

Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 18
Hi everyone,

Last week at our Meetup, Joanne said she's practicing setting an invisible patch pocket, using the method outlined by Annalisa Tay in Threads magazine a couple issues ago. I mentioned this to Annalisa. She said she's leading a one-day workshop on how to set this pocket at her ASG meeting in San Francisco at the end of this month (Feb. 26). If any of us can travel, we are welcome to attend. She also said:

"Let me know if I can be of any help. It's good to do this a couple of times till you are comfortable with it.
Also, not advisable on smaller, chest size pockets. ~ Annalisa"

Here's a link. It's actually in the East Bay, in Concord, CA.

Roseana
Kristin
user 9583108
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
Roseana:

I just got back from SF where I visited that vintage fabric store I told you about. It's tiny and PACKED with not just with small lengths but full bolts -- and what a selection! If you are going anytime soon (except next week -- the shop is closed except, I think, on Saturday) here is the location:

Urban Burp
170 Columbus
in San Francisco

If anyone is traveling to SF anytime soon, be sure the check this place out. The prices are pretty good, too. She's having a sale on a lot of stuff right now.

This shop is located just up Columbus from the Pyramid at about Jackson Street or so. It's in a big brick office building, at street level next to a hair salon.

I'll bring my purchases to the next project review in March.

-- Kristin
Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 19
Kristin,

I will try to be happy for you that you were just in San Fran and I was NOT.biggrin

Seriously, I want to see those fabrics!

Roseana