Sewing with Style Message Board › We need help!!!!

We need help!!!! Charitable Sewing | "Once On This Island" at the Carver Museum, Part Deux

Anna N.
user 6185635
Austin, TX
We need a lot of help!!! Please try to come to this meet-up, Charitable Sewing | "Once On This Island" at the Carver Museum, Part Deux.
Anslee, Joanne, Carl, and I have a good headstart but there is a lot left to do, and the play is on Jul 21-22!

I will have all of the skirt pieces cut, ready to be sewn. You can also just come by, pick up stuff, and sew at home on your own time, if you can't be there the whole time this Saturday.

We also need someone to make the "Goddess of Love" costume: tiered skirt and peasant blouse. We have the fabrics and pattern for this.
David and H.
user 7088194
Austin, TX
Post #: 14
Am in Florida to see the last Shuttle launch... and missed the last one, and shall not be there for the next... come back on the 15th afternoon... if you guys still need help after that, I can take lots home on do ... Let me know. fond regards, Heather
Jeanie/ The Common...
user 11091760
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Hi. I'm a slow sewer and can't make it to the meet-up, but I can probably do some skirts on Sunday(s) if someone can get the stuff to me. (I could come pick up stuff on the way to the store, but we open at 10 so it would have to be as early as 9.) Let me know if I can help. It would give me motivation to learn the gathering foot on my serger!

Jeanie@ The Common Thread
A former member
Post #: 2
I would be happy to join you, but I am brand new to this group. What time do you begin? Do I bring my sewing machine and sewing box? Do I need to bring anything else? I have a good amount of experience making costumes. I made many for my own children as they were growing up (plays, halloween, etc.). Sounds like a very worthwhile cause, so please fill me in if you would like more help. Thanks, Cynthia