Sewing with Style Message Board › Sewing lessons?

Sewing lessons?

A former member
Post #: 23
Hi,
I hope I'm not making a faux pas by posting this on here--please forgive me if I am. I have been trying to take sewing lessons for years, literally. The last time I had to cancel a class it's because I had to walk a mile in Boston while pregnant, and I just couldn't do it (I just moved from there) :P. Now I can't seem to make any of the courses offered at other locations because of the time that they meet. I know how to sew purses, basic dresses, add zippers, but I cannot read a pattern. I've given up on two patterns so far out of frustration :/.

I was wondering if you all knew where I could take a course just on reading a pattern, or sewing a garment from a pattern. Or if there is anyone who gives private lessons, I'd be interested in that too. Thanks so much!
Roseana A.
sewrose
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 24
Hi Sophie,

I teach people how to sew and read sewing patterns in my private studio. Contact me by emailing me through this board (just to avoid those horrid spam bots) and let me know what your challenges and needs are. See you soon at a Meetup!

Roseana
Malissa L.
mlssfshn
Austin, TX
Post #: 68
I also give private one on one lessons in my studio or at your home. I meet with you for an hour first for free to access your needs and tailor the class to you. Email me at mlssfshn(at)gmail dot com if you want to learn more.