addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › FREE - Serger That Needs Work plus all accessories!

FREE - Serger That Needs Work plus all accessories!

Karel R.
user 4752923
Austin, TX
Post #: 31
I have a 24-year-old serger that needs work. I was serging very fast, and it started balking and stitches are not right. It needs servicing. It will cost you $60-$70 to have it serviced at Hancock Fabrics. They will cllean it, fix it (I think the timing is off), and it will take about a week. I am buying a new one, so I'd like to give this to one of our Meetup members. Here's all the info:

Babylock Serger, Pro Line Model BL4-838D. This serger has differential feed, making it easy to work on knits. It can also do rolled hems. Its stitch width is adjustable from 35mm to 75mm. It has a slot in the presser foot for including elastic or tape in a seam. Additional snap-on presser feet can be purchased.

This 4-Thread Serger comes with: Owner’s Manual and Instructional Video - Baby Lock Serger Essentials.
Extras I’m including: “Know Your Baby Lock” book that describes how to do basic functions as well as many creative decorative techniques. Original price $17.95. Extra Needles: 5 Size 75, 10 Size 75 Ballpoint – great for knits, and 10 Size 90. New Replacement Upper Serger Blade to use if needed in the future.
1 1/2 years ago I had it thoroughly serviced, and the lower serger blade was replaced at that time. Call me if you are interested. 512-394-1529.