Sewing with Style Message Board › Fabric swap at Fabricker

Fabric swap at Fabricker

Malissa L.
mlssfshn
Austin, TX
Post #: 79
I was thinking about having another fabric swap before the holidays and then got an invitation from Fabricker to theirs. So thought I would share it here Fabric Stash Swap II.

Saturday Nov 17 2-5 PM

By sheer demand, we are hosting another fabric Stash Swap here at the store this month. Clear out your studios and closets right before the holidays, and be inspired by what others bring to get rid of-- just in time to make centerpieces, gifts, holiday clothing, new curtains before the guests arrive... whatever inspires you!

Not one but TWO good causes will benefit from this swap. All leftover fabric goes to "Friends of Annie," a charity started by our friend Jessica Sloan at Remnants Fiberculture, which makes handmade quilts for a variety of children's charities.

The other cause is our friend Ann Woodall who teaches the girls at Helping Hand Home how to knit and crochet. PLEASE BRING YARN to donate to these passionate, disadvantaged young ladies who refer to their new hobby as their way to release tension and find peace in their lives.

Maybe I'll host another at the studio in January, if it's not to cold.
Jessie S.
user 13727023
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
for those of us who have never gone to one of these, how does it work?
Susan M.
user 5794175
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
Simple as can be. Bring fabric you don't want, take away fabric you do.