align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › interested in feedback on ironing boards please

interested in feedback on ironing boards please

cat g.
user 78593272
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
i'm currently without an ironing board and have been using my daughter's. but it has a nasty habit of bucking forward when any pressure at all is put on the front end of the board. i've tried stabilizing it with a 2x4 add-on 'foot' across the back leg, but it's still difficult to use. i don't know about you, but pressing/ironing is not my favorite activity and it has to be as easy as possible for me to set up the board and get to work.

hence my request for recommendations. do you like/love the board you have now? do you have an idea for the best board there is??? please do tell! i need to buy a new one soon!!!

i've been eyeing the reliable c30 or c60... anyone out there who has used one of these two? (no, i can't afford a vacuum board...)

thanks! cat
Karel R.
user 4752923
Austin, TX
Post #: 38
Mine is really old but good because the metal tubing the legs are made of are heavy. Whatever brand you get, make sure the frame is very sturdy and stable. It should have some kind of locking device on the legs so they don't wobble. If you get a good stable one that doesn't wobble or move at all when you use it, you'll find ironing is a lot more pleasant. Having a good iron that produces lots of steam is really important, too.
Susan K.
moonthirty
Georgetown, TX
Post #: 4
Mine is awful too so I'm interested in this thread! :)
cat g.
user 78593272
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
karel,
i have a bernina steam generator iron, so that's not my problem. but this board has Got to Go!
cat