Sewing with Style Message Board › New Event: Duct Tape Dress Form

New Event: Duct Tape Dress Form

Antoinette P.
user 4688389
Austin, TX
Announcing a new event for First Samples Sewing with Style!

What: Duct Tape Dress Form

When: Saturday, December 8, 10:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Hi everyone! Have you ever wanted a custom dress form? Come make a duct tape dress form at our December meetup!

I have been tempted to run to Hancock and pay $125 for a dress form that is adjustable, but looks like it is made of styrofoam and doesn't get great reviews from most owners. I would consider plunking down $700 for the creme de la creme of dress forms if only my measurements matched any of the sizes available.

Soooo... a couple of us will get the duct tape dress form technique "down" in November, courtesy of an instructional DVD by Connie Crawford (sewing/ draping/ patternmaking celebrity), and we will be ready to lead a Meetup in December. It's too early to make this official, but reports on the Internet say that you will need a few rolls of duct tape and a mens xxlarge t-shirt, plus fiberfill stuffing and a couple other items. We will send you an update in November with a list of items to bring, a quick note on what to wear (different undergarments will affect fit and accuracy), and a suggested donation for any community items we may purchase on everyone's behalf.

Please save the date! Hope to see you there.

Antoinette

Learn more here:
http://sewing.meetup....­