Sewing with Style Message Board › Duct Tape Dressform Update

Duct Tape Dressform Update

Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Dear Seamsters:

There is room for one more sign up for the dress form Meetup. We will be working in groups of 3 instead of two. There will be three supervisors: Antoinette Perez, Shauna Smith and Sandi Smith. Waverly and Antoinette made the prototype this morning and here are their suggestions and warnings:

Suggestions:
- Wear underwear and bras that you aren't embarrassed about or are afraid to have cut off (don't worry, no one will ever see you naked).
- Shave your armpits (the tape will tear at the hair).
- Have your hair up in a bun if you can.
- Wear shoes that are very comfortable to stand for long periods of time in.
- Come hydrated but not so hydrated that you have to keep going to the bathroom. Once the taping starts, going to the bathroom is not an option.

Warnings:
- There is no way you can do this with a hang over.
- Once the taping has started you can't go to the bathroom.
- If you have any medical conditions that would keep you from standing still for one and a half hours (the length of a movie) don't even attempt this. Our test subject is a figure model and has plenty of practice holding still and she did fine until the last half hour, when she started feeling a bit faint.
- Our model had these conditions when we were done (which all went away within a few hours):
* nauseated
* acid reflux
* light headed
* skin mottled and some places actually sore

I'm attaching a picture of her bound and and a picture of her final product. She was very pleased with her results. We're stuffing and poling next week. The muslin cover will have to be another Meetup entirely.

Some things that we will require will be:
- $30 - $50 for supplies
- a signed liability waiver (we will provide)
- an emergency contact sheet filled out (we will provide)
- instructions for emergency such as:
* If I faint, let me faint and when I come back around, lets continue on
* If I faint, cut me out of the dressform and when I come back around I better be on a couch with a blanket.
* If I faint, call an ambulance. I have insurance and know how to use it.

Again, if you can't afford this or are unsure if you will be able to endure, please cancel as soon as possible, because there are alot of people on the wait list...

See you soon!

Shauna
A former member
Post #: 2,746
How we suffer for fashion lol

The dressform looks GREAT!!!!!