addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › New Event: Exquisite Lingerie - a champaign and kid glove event

New Event: Exquisite Lingerie - a champaign and kid glove event

Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Announcing a new event for First Samples Sewing with Style!

What: Exquisite Lingerie - a champaign and kid glove event

When: Tuesday, January 22, 7:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Who should come: Everyone who would like to meet their fellow Sewing with Style Meetup compadres.

Event Description: Ladies and Gentlemen! Hear ye, hear ye! The crowds grow restless and are urging the noble yet glacially slow leader of the Sewing with Style Meetup group to pull together a social event so we can meet each other.

The inspiration for our first Meetup social came to me from this months issue of the Threads magazine. It has an article on how to sew fine lingerie for yourself. I thought it was fascinating and I'm inspired!

You are encouraged to bring:

1- A fashionably SEWN name tag for yourself.
2- A champaign glass to drink from plus $5 to pitch in for the champaign / sparkling water and snacks.
3- A negligee or item of lingerie that that is beautifully inspirational and preferably vintage, so it will have more home sewn techniques on it.
OR
A resource for top quality fabrics, trims or findings for lingerie.

Optional:
1- Calling cards in case you meet a new sewing buddy (maybe sew some up while working on your nametag?).
2- Something to nibble on as well - we'll have a cookie platter from Central Market.

At this low key, low stress evening we'll mingle, eat, drink and ooh and ah over beautiful lingerie. I would also like us to plan a future sewing meetup at this event. I've had suggestions for fabric dying, fabric weaving, fashion shows, fabric swaps and more. We are looking for someone to take the initiative and the lead.

Because this Meetup group is getting so big, it may be a good idea to create a sort of organizational system so you aren't always waiting on me to get something going. I would like us to post fashion and sewing events on the meetup message board that are happening around town and find ways to meet up at them.

I hope that you all can attend. Feel free to come straight from work or wherever. The attire is casual, but kid gloves are cool with champagne glasses. And those of you who are male, you are encouraged to come too. After all, Christian Dior is one of the best lingerie designers ever and he is certainly a man.

See you soon!

Learn more here:
http://sewing.meetup....­[url=http://sewing.meetup.com/178/calend­ar/7049365/]Exquisite Lingerie - a champaign an?[/url]Exquisite Lingerie - a champaign an?
Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 19
Thanks to all of you who showed up for the Sewing withStyle Meetup! It was really fun to meet so many new faces! And some of you are fairly accomplished seamsters. We need to get together and just sew one day soon...biggrin