addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › First Samles Sewing Meetup Fashion Show

First Samles Sewing Meetup Fashion Show

Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 21
Brandon and Demetria have volunteered to lead us in a Fashion Show event, the idea of which was brought to us by another meetup member, Catherine Wiedmann. If you have any interest in helping or participating, respond to this discussion thread. I'm sure Demetria, Brandon could use some enthusiastic help.
Anslee
user 6229429
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hey! I'm new to the meetup group, but I am definitely interested in helping out with the fashion show. I'm a photographer, so I could contribute that. I'm also pretty good with makeup. Basically, whatever you need me to do, you just let me know - I'm your girl. Also, when is it? Thank you so much! :)
Waverly T.
user 5329760
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I'd love to help out, too! I've modeled in a runway show and have lots of experience helping out back. I would be your second girl.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi everybody, I want to join the fun. When I first started thinking about a fashion show, my theme was 'Share and Show off'. The 'show off' part gives us a chance to strut some of our stuff in some kind of show (but where?). I have lots of experience backstage in amateur theatre- make-up, last minute mending etc. (and I have some stuff to show off too)
The 'share' part would over-lap, in the form of a publication, wherein we (including those who don't participate in the show) could all share sewing tips we've either picked up somewhere, or figured out for ourselves. The resulting booklet would be photocopied and plainly bound, so it shouldn't cost too much. Let's say.. a September 'back to school' deadline.
So, should the small bunch of us 'meetup'?