Sewing with Style Message Board › New Meeting: Clothing Swap at Fabric Bazaar 3
Announcing a new meeting for First Samples Sewing with Style!
What: Clothing Swap at Fabric Bazaar 3
When: Saturday, April 19, 9:00 AM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Who should come: Anyone with clothing items to give away or swap.
Why: A cleaner closet... you get clothes that are new to you... and someone else gets your clothes, which are new to them. A win for everyone!
Meeting Description: The lovely and talented Miss Tina Sparkles, one of our sewing teachers extraordinaire, suggested we hold a clothing swap in the First Samples carport. If you know Tina, you know that she hasn't bought new clothing off the rack in about four years -- she mainly sews new garments from fabric off the bolt and re-fashions clothing that she gets from clothing swaps (see this amazing vest she recently made from a skirt).
Needless to say, we have an experienced swapper handling First Samples Sewing With Style's first ever clothing swap!
So here are some guidelines to keep in mind as you spring clean your closet and make your clothing swap pile:
1. Anyone can participate in the swap as long as they bring clothing to add.
2. Please be sure that clothing is clean and wearable (nothing terribly stained, please).
3. NO UNDERGARMENTS!!! Please.
4. Shoes and accessories will be accepted.
5. Any clothing not swapped/ claimed by the end of the event (approx. 1 p.m.) will be taken to a local donation center.
Let's reduce --> reuse --> recycle! See you on the 19th!
Learn more here: