addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › pattern paper

pattern paper

A former member
Post #: 9
Does anyone know where I can buy pattern paper to make a sloper or a block pattern? I live in North Austin if there is something close to here. Thanx
Donna H.
DonnaHabersaat
Elgin, TX
Post #: 6
It is not official pattern paper, but it the trick. I was just at Ikea and the have paper on a roll in the kids section. It is 24 inches wide I believe (it is still in the back seat of the car and my husband took the car for errands). But you can always tape pieces together to make it bigger. Best part it was only $5.
Donna
Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 27
Donna,
I just purchased:

• a 45" wide roll of green backed tag board used for hard patterns - permanent ones. You use a weight to hold them down and then trace around the edge of with chalk on fabric or pencil onto paper instead. This is what you would use for a pattern you plan on using over and over again. $4 per yard
  • a 60" and a 45" wide roll of alpha numeric paper which is used most commonly by patternmakers. It has a one inch grid on it usually with numbers in one direction and letters in the other so that you have parallel lines to reference to and you can set the grain in one direction. $2 per yard

The paper isn't really this expensive, it's the shipping. It doubled the cost of the paper...

I also have on hand:

• a 60" wide roll of pink tissue paper called underlay which is similar in weight to the paper that commercial pattern companies use for their patterns. It is not a good weight to create patterns on. The only reason that pattern companies use this weight of paper is because it folds up nice and small for the envelopes and ships for less money. $.50 per yard.
  • a 60" wide roll of waxy underlay. It is used as a base layer when cutting multiple layers of fabric using electric shears or a saw. $3 per yard
  • a 60" wide roll of heavy kraft paper which is what most home seamsters make patterns out of. $1 per yard

Anyhow, I sell it by the yard and can arrange to meet with you if you would like some.

Shauna Smith