Sewing with Style Message Board › New Meetup: Designer T-Shirt Workshop

New Meetup: Designer T-Shirt Workshop

Shauna S.
tumbleweedtucson
Tucson, AZ
Announcing a new Meetup for Sewing with Style!

What: Designer T-Shirt Workshop

When: May 30, 2009 1:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: There will be one more Meetup scheduled before closing this Meetup group at the end of July. It will be on t-shirt remodeling. I saw a super interesting $100 designer t-shirt the other day online. It was an old Blondie concert shirt that had been cleverly cut and then re-woven. I thought I could do it so I took an old shirt out to my dressform and did what I thought I would have to do and 5 minutes later I had a fairly good copy of the $100 t-shirt. It didn't require any machine sewing, only a few tacks with a hand sewing needle. I was so excited about it I thought it would be fun to share the technique with others. I bet some of you have had some similar experiences too. So, a t-shirt Meetup it will be.

The idea is with this Meetup is you bring in an inspirational t-shirt idea or picture and share the "how to" with everyone. We'll do how-to's for the first part of the meetup and then for the second part, well work on our own shirts with the "designer" there to help. To be a designer keep in mind this important rule: It can't require a sewing machine to make it. If it requires tools like for studding or burning or whatever, you'll need to bring them to demonstrate and / or share.

For those of you attending, you don’t need to know how to sew or even own a sewing machine. Just own a t-shirt that you would like to alter, a pair of scissors, a hand sewing needle and some thread that matches or compliments your shirt. By the end of our Meetup you should have at least one designer t-shirt and a lot of ideas on a bunch more you can make.

We’ll be meeting at my good friend Amanda Hyde’s clothing store: Montage on Saturday, May 30th at 1:00 PM.

Learn more here:
http://sewing.meetup....­