Sewing with Style Message Board › New Meetup: Get Measured and Find Your Pattern Size!

New Meetup: Get Measured and Find Your Pattern Size!

Antoinette P.
user 4688389
Austin, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for Sewing with Style!

What: Get Measured and Find Your Pattern Size!

When: October 17, 2009 4:30 PM

Price: $5.00 per person

Where:
Stitch Lab
1608 S. 3rd Street
Austin, TX 78704

This meetup is aimed at seamsters who are new to sewing clothes for themselves! We had quite a few members note on the message board that they can sew the heck out of a pillowcase and want to get started sewing clothes, and this meetup is a great first step.

In this meetup, we will:
* Learn how to take accurate body measurements for the three key areas
* Take each other's measurements and record ours in a safe place
* Look at pattern envelopes from various commercial pattern companies and learn how to select our pattern size using our key measurements

And if we have time, we'll talk about muslins and slopers -- what they are and why they are helpful.

Because this is a measurement-oriented meetup, it's limited to ladies only. Ladies, wear your typical undergarments and, if you don't want to stand around in your undies during the measurements, a snug-fitting tee and leggings (as close to featherweight as possible for the most accurate measurements).

Please send me a message BEFORE you RSVP yes if you have any questions whose answers might affect your RSVP. Thanks and see you soon!

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Donna H.
DonnaHabersaat
Elgin, TX
Post #: 13
Damn I missed this one. I wish I was there - need help here.
Roseana A.
sewrose
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Donna,

Why not attend this Saturday's Meetup? Same time and place. We can help you out.

Roseana