addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › Resources for Sewing-Related Items, and What About Dying?

Resources for Sewing-Related Items, and What About Dying?

Karel R.
user 4752923
Austin, TX
Post #: 20
I've requested we have use of the community center I mentioned, and we will get an answer next Monday. I'll let you know as soon as I hear. I'd like to schedule the 'discharge dying' Meetup soon. You might want to start collecting your supplies, per the online article in Threads by Lois Ericson. (By the way, the online article has been adjusted somewhat from the original Threads magazine article from several years ago. Lois now suggests using Bleach Stop instead of vinegar to neutralize the bleach.) I checked the Dharma Trading site for their prices. Bleach Stop is 8 oz. for $2.35, and if you want to create a thick paste of your bleach, you will need Bleach Thickener, 8 oz. for $12.95. Some might want to share this if you only need a little. You'll need your black yardage in cotton, linen or rayon. Dharma sells black rayon or cotton that is dischargeable, if you are interested. You'll also need some large buckets to hold water or bleach/water, depending on your technique. You might want to think about what methods you want to use to bleach your fabrics, and start collecting what you'll need, for example: spray bottles, items to spray bleach over or through, twine or rubber bands for tying. Be creative! I'll keep you all posted as we go.
Karel R.
user 4752923
Austin, TX
Post #: 22
I requested the use of the Community Center at 5604 Manor Road and have been granted access on a weekend. I was told that Saturdays would work best. I requested the use of the building this next Saturday, June 5. I am unavailable after that until early August. I'm waiting for an answer on my June 5 request. I'm concerned that it's getting so close that it might not give people enough time to get their supplies together. But I'll let you all know as soon as I hear. If they give me the go-ahead, we can see how many can make it then. If it doesn't work out, I'll try again for early August.