Announcing a new Meetup for Under 40 BAAAG (Bay Area Asian Activities Group)!What
: BAAAG goes Hiking IV: Mount Tamalpais State ParkWhen
: Sunday, August 8,[masked]:00 AMWhere
: Mount Tamalpais State Park
3801 Panoramic Hwy
Mill Valley, CA 94941Link to website regarding Mount Tamalpais State ParkGoogle Search of Mount Tamolpais State Park images
Matt Davis and Steep Ravine Loop, Mount Tamalpais State Park
7.8 miles roundtrip
Moderate level hike
Approximately 4 hours plus lunch break
We will begin the hike on the Matt Davis trail at the Pantoll Ranger Station on Mount Tamalpais and stop at Stinson Beach for lunch before heading back up to Pantoll on the Dipsea trail and Steep Ravine trail.
Matt Davis trail traverses the the slope of Mount Tamalpais 1,500 feet above the ocean, providing panoramic views of San Francisco and Point Reyes. The trail then descends towards Stinson Beach through a forest of Douglas firs, oaks and bay laurels with cascading streams and wooden foot bridges. Dipsea trail climbs through coastal scrub and grasslands with ocean views before connecting with the Steep Ravine trail. Steep Ravine trail climbs back up Mount Tamalpais through the redwoods and ferns.
Take Mill Valley/Stinson Beach/Highway 1 exit and continue straight for 1 mile to a stoplight at Shoreline Highway (Hwy 1). Turn left at Shoreline Highway and drive 2.5 miles. Turn right on Panoramic Highway and drive 0.9 miles to a four-way intersection. Take the middle road (straight) and continue on Panoramic HIghway for 4.3 miles to the Pantoll Ranger Station. and parking lot. Turn left to park in paved parking lot ($6 fee) or park in a pullout along the road. Take the steps on the northwest side of the parking lot, cross Panoramic Highway, to the Matt Davis trail head.
What to bring:
A sturdy pair of walking or hiking shoes
Water and snacks
Lunch (you will also have the option of purchasing lunch at Stinson Beach)Key to map in photo
1. Pantoll: 25 mins. ($6 parking)
2. Bootjack: 25 mins. ($6 parking)
3. Rock Spring: 30 mins.
4. Mountain Home: 20 mins.
5. East Peak: 40 mins. ($6 parking)
6. Laurel Dell: 35 mins. 1.5 mi N. of Rock Spring. Don't block the gate.
7. Dias Ridge: 15 mins. 1/4 mi N. of Hwy 1 - Park on the right side.
8. Muir Woods: 20 mins. Park in the Annex lot.
9. Frank Valley: 20 mins. 1/2 mi from Muir Woods parking lot at fire road. Don't block the gate.
10. Whitegate Ranch: 30 mins. 2.5 mi beyond Pantoll on left. Don't block gates.
11. Trojan Point: 30 mins.
12. Stinson Beach Park: 40 mins. Drive straight in, then curve left. Park near the picnic tables on the right.
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/Under40BAAAG/calendar/14244078/