Announcing a new Meetup for Under 40 BAAAG (Bay Area Asian Activities Group)!
What: BAAAG Gives Back II: Christmas Meal Delivery at San Francisco City Impact
When: December 12,[masked]:30 AM
230 Jones St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
you RSVP "yes" here.
City Impact strives to help meet the physical needs of the hungry, lonely and poor. We believe strongly that if we can touch someone by providing basic necessities as well as a message of hope we are making an impact. For this specific event, City Impact needs 500 volunteers to help cook, prepare meals, deliver meals, sort groceries, deliver groceries, and serve hot meals in a dining room setting to the homeless. We believe that if we all join together and give of ourselves people who aren't so fortunate will be blessed. It's a team effort and we need all to get involved!
We ask all volunteers to be flexible. Not every event goes smoothly. We need ready and available workers to be willing to do anything.
- You may choose to donate money or not. Recommended donation: $25.
- Bring your own lunch. Lunch will not be provided.
- Our shift will last from 8:30AM to 3PM, but they will try to finish with us from 2PM to 3PM.
- BART to Powell station and other forms of public transportation highly recommended. $8 parking at Toca Park. Carpooling recommended.
- Wear comfortable clothes and tennis shoes.
- Our tasks are assigned on a first come, first served basis. There are no guarantees our entire group will stay together.
- Our volunteer responsibilities include Kitchen, delivering meals (walking), preparing meals, runners, deliver groceries, pass out toys for children, pass out groceries.
- Goals for that day: Deliver 3,500 meals, served 1,000 hot meals, pass out 1,000 grocery bags, pass out 800 toys, pass out 300 gift bags, pass out 300 grocery bags.
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/Under40BAAAG/calendar/11950801/