SF Bay Area Interactive Fiction Group Message Board › IF Meetup: Saturday Mar 2 1PM at the MADE
San Francisco, CA
We've got a bunch of great stuff to play this month!
1) Emily Short has released a new AI-based interactive fiction system for iOS called Versu. I'll bring an iPad with a VGA adapter and we'll see if we can get it to display over the projector. http://www.versu.com/...
Some of our regulars have released new games since the last time we all met. (Buy these games!)
2) JP LeBreton at Double Fine has helped design The Cave, a new comedy graphical adventure game with optional multiplayer. http://thecavegame.co...
3) Keith Nemitz at Mousechief has released a paid beta for "7 Grand Steps," which has been nominated for an IGF Nuovo award. 7 Grand Steps is a casual game with multiple-choice IF interludes, tracing the dynasty of a single family starting into the Bronze Age and onward as technology and society develops. http://p4.hostingprod...
Finally, there are at least two new games for Twine, as part of the ongoing "Twine Revolution."
4) Christine Love has released a Western, "Even Cowgirls Bleed." (Love is the author of Digital: A Love Story and Analogue: A Hate Story.) http://scoutshonour.c...
5) Zoe Quinn's "Depression Quest" is Twine-based IF where you play as someone living with depression. Critics say that this is not a fun game, but an important one. http://www.depression...
As usual, please RSVP so we can plan how much food to get.
When: Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:00 PM
Where: Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment
610 16th st
Oakland, CA 94612
This Meetup repeats on the 1st Saturday of every month.
If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)
You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.