SORRY I FORGOT to include the address. Oops! Well. here it is:
What: JAM SESSION #3 @ HOT SPOT, 1414 MARKET STREET SAN FRANCISCO
When: Sunday, June 27,[masked]:00 PM
Where: 1414 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Come jam with us over at the Hot Spot lounge on Sunday June 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM! Bring your drum machines, instruments, iPods, and computers and we'll just create cool beats. We'll have a couple of mixing boards that will accept 1/4" line input, XLR mics, and RCA input. Setup anytime after 2pm.
* Make some loops or pick some samples ahead of time
* Get familiar with your hardware/software rig so it can be set up quickly synced with other MIDI devices, you can change the BPM, and you can add/remove effects as needed
* Yourself! (Note: If you're just coming to check it out or use other people's rigs then don't worry about the following...)
* Audio cables and adapters so you can jack into 1/4", 1/8", and RCA-type mixing board inputs
* Extension cord(s)
* Any music equipment (Guideline: just make it really portable)
* Parking can be tough. Public transportation is plentiful in the area. Pack light enough that you don't need multiple trips.
* There are NO loading zones. The back side of the block (on Fell) is your best bet.
* Check your calendar and see if you have Saturday afternoon, August 7, available. KinyoobiCon has given me an hour to do anything I want to do, as long as there is also a fashion show at some point within the time slot. I thought instead of canned music, we could use the time slot to do an hour long electronic music jam session. Free entry and parking, but no pay. Session can be recorded at the gig. There will be a photographer to shoot the performers. All rehearsals for KinyoobiCon will be on consecutive Sunday afternoons. If you are interested in performing August 7, please come to the jam session this month or email me directly if you can't make it to the jam session: (415)[masked]
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/sf-emm/calendar/13826472/