#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Webroot is hiring for a Sr MySQL DBA in San Mateo!
|A former member||
Senior MySQL Database Administrator at Webroot - San Mateo, CA
Webroot is currently seeking a senior-level MySQL Database Administrator. The DBA will be a member of the Webroot Data Center Operations team, responsible for production database administration support across various datacenters around the globe.
This job requires the administration and maintenance of MySQL databases. If you are a seasoned database administrator with strong administration skills related to managing large databases, Webroot invites you to send us your resume and join our Data Center Operations team.
• Manage and administer large-scale MySQL databases in a production and development Data Center environment
• Manage, administer and monitor the Data Center’s database-related hardware and software infrastructures
• Coordinate with and support QA, Development and other stakeholders as appropriate
• Perform database system deployments and maintenance as necessary
• Perform on-call duties on a rotating basis
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Administration Skills:
• 5+ years overall database administration experience
• 3+ years of recent MySQL DBA experience in a 100+ machine environments
• Hands-on experience with MySQL database replication/cluster
• Strong ability to diagnose DB system issues
• Advanced SQL performance tuning and development skills and recommend solutions
• Advanced DB systems performance analysis and tuning skills and recommend solutions
• Analyze, define, and document system requirements/configuration for DB systems
• Additional DBA skills with SQL Server highly desirable
• Experience benchmarking and evaluating database hardware and software configurations
• Advanced organizational, analytical, problem solving and documentation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience in administrating Cloud Based applications
Desired Administrative Skills:
• Strong Linux and/or Windows operating system skills
• Knowledge of Nagios and other monitoring tools
• Windows/VERITAS Cluster Server for Windows
• Experience with Cassandra distributed database system
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, Payment Card Industry (PCI) and SAS 70 security audits
Education & Certifications:
• 4 Year Technical Degree (Example: BSCS, BSEE, etc.) strongly preferred
If you would like an opportunity to work with this widely recognized worldwide leader in technology security, send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Webroot Software
Webroot provides industry-leading Internet security solutions for consumers, enterprises and small and medium businesses worldwide. Webroot products consistently receive top review ratings by respected third parties and have been adopted by millions globally. In addition to our award-winning business and consumer software, Webroot now protects enterprises with Webroot® Security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Webroot Web Security SaaS and Webroot E-Mail Security SaaS are subscription-based services that provide on-demand web, email and archiving solutions, giving organizations a flexible and cost-effective alternative to on-premise security.