#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Looking for a MySQL DBA for a gaming company
|A former member||
Location: Kirkland and San Francisco
5-7 years minimum MYSQL experience
The MySQL DBA will be responsible for maintaining a complex replication environment, monitoring databases/servers for daily maintenance, capacity planning and recommendations for performance improvements. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze current environment and designing a workable HA solutions to maintain a 365x24x7 uptime. The candidate will either identify or build tools to assist in the management of the database and transactional processing environment. The candidate will be responsible for supporting development, quality assurance and production LAMP environments.
• Demonstrated exceptional database design and SQL programming skills to perform data troubleshooting and data manipulation tasks
• Administering of InnoDB, MyISAM, Memory, Partition, Federated and other table types
• Expertise with MySQL events, triggers and stored procedures
• Expertise with MYSQL replication
• Experience with multi-master replication
• Experience with MYSQL performance tuning and optimization. (Query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning)
• Experience with data profiling, metadata analysis, data modeling and relational schema design.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems in person, over the phone, or via email.
• Solid understanding and experience in disaster recovery, planning and implementation
• Experience with backup and recovery process
• Knowledge/experience creating scripts using bash or other shell
• Must have hands on experience in Linux
• Must be detailed oriented
• Ability to diagnose and resolve a broad range of technical problems
• Strong teamwork, leadership and collaboration skills
• Strong communication skills are necessary for interaction with other teams and departments
• Daily monitoring of databases to identify potential issues within the environment
• 24x7 On-call duties in response to automated alerts, customer contact and support of the production database environment
• Ensure that the replication is up to date and to identify causes for delays and to recommend solutions
• Serves as the point of contact for advanced level troubleshooting issues, and performs hands-on database administration as required
• Ensures the database environment is designed and managed to meet business and IT demands for availability, performance and manageability
• Ensures implementation of industry best practices in database administration
• Involved in application development projects to evolve the database architecture and design to meet changing business requirements
• Provide and maintain documentation of evolving database environment
• Participates in the creation of development, staging & production database instances, and the migration of those instances from one environment to another.
• Tunes the performance of all the development, quality assurance, and production database instances.
• Performs back-up and recovery.
• Plans and executes disaster recovery.
• Must be able to work without direct supervision
• Able to perform data consistency check
If interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org