#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › looking for folks who are involved/enthusiastic about free/open source -- Ci

looking for folks who are involved/enthusiastic about free/open source -- City College SF hosting workshop Sat, Mar 22nd

Katherine
user 44612262
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 8
Hi everyone,

I'm a student at City College SF, and several of us are hosting a free/open source software development workshop on Sat, Mar 22:

http://ccsf.openhatch...­

...and I'm looking for folks who are involved/enthusiastic about FOSS, who would be willing to help mentor attendees as they learn how to contribute (the commitment is only for the day).

A variety of backgrounds would be welcome: from those who have tons of experience setting up development environments & using version control to those who have been involved in open source as non-programmers, who know a bit about picking bugs and submitting patches.

The workshop is scheduled 9am - 6pm on Sat, Mar 22nd. Breakfast & lunch are provided, plus a super appreciative bunch of students. While ideally I'd love to find folks who can come for the full day, I'd also be fine with those who can only come for part of the day.

If you're interested & available, please message me here on Meetup.

Thank you!

Katherine M.