#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Looking for a Lamp developer

Looking for a Lamp developer

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, I would like to know if anyone you know may be interested and available for a position in San Francisco as a web developer with MySQL backend experience . If you are interested, please send a resume in word format and best time to reach you. If you are not, but know of someone who is, please feel free to forward this information to them, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Required Experience

seeking an experienced web-developer to help a small team build a next-generation e-commerce/community-focused web 2.0 property. This is a full time position.

Required Experience

* Proven experience building highly interactive web front and back ends
* Experience in systems configuration and setup as needed for web2.0 and e-commerce
* Ability to show us working, live sites you have built as well as code samples from those sites. You should be able to explain what was most challenging about building those sites.
* Proven track record in the LAMP stack:
** Code for scalability and strong OOP skills
** Strong understanding of http, sessions, web load balancing, etc.
** PHP5 a must
** Mysql database design (from a coder's perspective) a must-have.
** *nix environment only-- no Windows-only coders please
** Understand and have hands-on experience with, but not necessarily blind adherence to the MVC model
** Perl, sh, java experience a plus. qcodo and drupal a big plus
** Experience with dhtml/AJAX very desirable
* Able to respond to emergency system situations: server down, db down, interface w/payment processor failing
* Strong user knowledge of unix, and an ability to investigate system-based problems if they arise, e.g. process eating up memory, hard drive failing, etc
* Able to debug existing code base and problems if a customer is having a problem as a result of a bug, or if we are having fulfillment problems due to same

Position Responsibilities:

* Help build all parts of the site except for the graphical design/css, especially the front and mid-tiers
* Work on community features
* Interface with graphic designers to assist with front-end development
* Work on back-end processes
* Work with QA analysts to resolve issues before going live, and help to manage QA resources

Thank you for your time, I look forward to working with you. Please send your resume in word format and best time to reach you. I may be reached at 415-933-2301 cell or send me an email through this site. Thanks
Laure Zabek