#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Looking for a MYSQLexpert with exp in testing applications within Hibrnate f
|A former member||
Client is looking for contractor to work onsite in san francisco ca, full-time for 4-6 months maybe longer. Looking for a candidate that has deep knowledge of MYSQL with test applications within hibernate. The right candidate could work remote if he/she is outstanding.
There is no fixed term to this contract, but we expect the candidate to work the equivalent of 40 hour weeks for 4 to 6 months.
A cutting edge fast growing online recruiting marketplace, is looking for a MySQL DBA contractor. Our companies experiencing rapid growth in user and transaction volume and is looking to further enhance its architecture to meet the demands of growth.
Our application data is stored on multiple, highly available MySQL databases. These databases form the core of both data storage and reporting, and they pose some tricky performance challenges.
The individual chosen for this position will be responsible for improving the overall performance and scalability of these databases. The ideal individual for this position will have an excellent understanding of MySQL and InnoDB internals, and they will be experts at solving performance bottlenecks.
As a Senior MySQL Database Administrator/Developer your job responsibilities will include:
* Benchmarking current database performance and measuring performance improvements as they are made
* Optimizing database queries
* Working with Java developers to understand and improve application use of the databases
* Examination of and possible re-architecture of database schemas to improve performance
* Examination of database logs and statistics to adjust database and storage engine variables for performance improvement
* 7+ years experience building, managing, and interfacing with large relational databases
* 3+ years experience building, managing, and interfacing with large implementations of MySQL
* Specific experience optimizing MySQL servers and queries in a MySQL 5.x environment
* Extensive experience with ANSI SQL, including the use of store procedures, functions, and triggers
* Experience with the InnoDB storage engine
* Experience with Hibernate implemented on MySQL
* Experience with standard UNIX utilities and shell scripting (bash, ksh)
* Formal training in database administration, data modeling, or database technologies desirable.
* Demonstrated understanding of distributed databases and replication
* Demonstrated understanding of database backup and recovery
The Ideal Candidate 7+ to 10 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Never
Please if intertested send hourly salary requirements along with resume for consideration