#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Database Architect - Manager of Technology Opportunity
I am reaching this group regarding a client of ours that is building a new organization focused on Mobile Media and Social Networking Technology. Our client, in Mt. View, is building this team from the ground-up to create an Internet Service Platform, Handset Client Software and Social Networking for their mobile internet initiative. They are looking to hire a Database Architect that will be responsible for the back-end strategy that must be scalable for continuous growth to 100 million of users plus.
This start-up initiative is fully funded within a large company. Hiring has already begun, and this Architect role is one of the most critical positions to be filled over the next 30 days.
• Experienced Database Architect in the utilization and deployment of large, global internet services in a MySQL environment.
• Work with global R&D and deployment teams to make certain of solid designs and use of MySQL coincides with global scalability.
• Build and mentor a globally distributed team of database experts within the business unit.
• Manage external technical relationships to be recognized as the face for our client in the MySQL community.
• Experience in building and maintaining large n-tier globally distributed systems
• Experience building highly scalable solutions supporting internet systems
• Experience with MySQL 5.0 and Linux (RHEL) or other versions
• Strong experience with Master/Slave replication and MySQL cluster techniques
• Strong tuning experience of SQL and internet systems (InnoDB, SQL, myISAM)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to evangelize new ideas and products to broad audiences.
• Experience in Internet companies with social networking or social networking enthusiast a big plus.
• Travel (10% - 20%)
If you are interested, please email with your resume and availability for a brief phone call. jt(at)revelationpartners(dot)com. I look forward to connecting with you!