#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Perfect World Entertainment (Redwood City, CA) is looking for a MySQL DBA
|A former member||
I hope everyone is having a great week!
Perfect world entertainment is a fast growing, free to play MMO company based in Redwood City. We are a still a small company (which means you can have a big impact) with a strong backing from our parent company in China. Please visit www.perfectworld.com for more details about our company.
Below is our job description for your review. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you know of anyone who would be interested.
Perfect World Entertainment
Responsibilities & Job Duties
• Data mining from raw log files into relational database, maintenance and tuning of mission-critical MySQL databases
• Solid knowledge of scalable schema design principals and provide assistance to development/design teams, and recommend best practices both in code and database design including creation of Stored Procedures and Indexing
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements 10%
• Experience in updating MySQL instances in a high volume environment 100M+ rows
• Extensive writing support of scripts in Perl/PHP/Python and/or Shell/Bash
• Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems and work with development teams on data sizing based on efficient use of multi-core systems
• Manage database backups and ensure disaster recovery and data retention protocols (backup, monitoring, security, installation)
• Provide 24/7 support for critical production situations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
• 3+ Years DBA experience in development or production capacity
• 3+ Years experience designing, developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and updating MySQL instances in a high volume environment with critical 100% uptime requirements
• Experience in Replication (Master – Master, Master to Slaves…)
• MySQL 5.x experience required (InnoDB and MyISAM, and other engines)
• Scripting language knowledge of bash/perl/php
• 3+ years of deep experience with Linux System Administration
• Strong analytical skills