#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Lead Database Administrator
|A former member||
Syndero Inc., a leading, cutting edge, pre-IPO direct response company located in SOMA, is seeking a Lead Database Administrator to provide hands-on database management leading a small engineering team supporting applications, database users and business reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will have strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills, as well as strong communication skills for interaction with other teams and departments.
For the right candidate, we offer a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with solid infrastructure and support, staffed with wickedly-smart, driven and fun people.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience administering multiple MySQL v5.x databases in a high volume Linux environment. Strong work experience with creating, configuring, testing, managing and maintaining databases in master/slave and multi-master replication configurations
• Experienced with database backups, recovery, upgrades
• Experienced with administration of InnoDB and MyISAM table types, log file management
• Application of schema changes to production environments containing large data-sets
• Experienced with low-level performance tuning and optimization (Ex: cache and buffer tuning)
• Experience with UNIX shell tools as relevant to MySQL administration
• Ability to set up and utilize database health monitoring and diagnostic tools to ensure proper database functioning
• On-call production support as needed (shared amongst other team members)
• Strong SQL background (including MySQL-specific dialect)
• Assist in creating ad-hoc reports as requested by business users
• Experience with query performance tuning and optimization (indexing, explain plan, etc)
• Familiarity with schema maintenance applications such as ER/Studio.
• College degree in a technical field
• Exceptional vacation/paid holiday allowance
• 401(k) plan
• Commuter Benefit (Section 132) Plan
• Employer paid health, dental, vision benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Walking distance from public transportation/BART
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
***NO RECRUITERS PLEASE!!***
Edited by User 11,428,528 on Feb 16, 2010 5:07 PM