Sep 6, 2012 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Hedge Gallery presents:
- Sam Orlando Miller The Sky Blue Series
- 7 September - 22 October 2012
- Exhibition Opening: 6 September, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Hedge Gallery is pleased to present the American debut of Sam Orlando Miller with a solo exhibition of new works in glass and silver. This collection of Untitled Mirrors, Tables, Lanterns, and Boxes reveal Miller's fluency working with form and reflection.
Within this series Miller explores the thought of sky as metaphor - a distant space that is beyond us, around us, everywhere yet invisible. He likens the sky to the mind - dark and light, clear and hazy, intangible and mysterious. Gazing into these sculptural objects the world appears transformed.
What you see reflected is re-ordered and fragmented. "What preoccupies me the most with my work is the constant shifting between the imagined world and the real one," says Miller, "making this series of sculptures is an attempt to reconcile these seemingly incompatible worlds. Cutting out pieces of sky to hang on the wall, I thought, how could I do that?" (please see attached pdf for full text and visuals)
- Hedge Gallery is open Tuesday through Friday, 11 am – 6 pm, and Saturday, 11 am – 5 pm
- Current: Flection 22 June – 1 September 2012 Catalog
- Upcoming: Sam Orlando Miller : The Sky Blue Series 7 September – 1 October 2012
- Opening: 5:30 – 7:30 pm - September 6th
HEDGE 501 Pacific Avenue San Francisco, CA 94133
T [masked] F [masked]
11am-6pm Tuesday-Friday 11am-5pm Saturday