This is a one of a kind racing opportunity for The Great Vallejo Race coming up, which is the largest and most fun race of the year. Not to mention the largest and most fun party, too! Don't miss this race and party. This will also be quite instructional and a good introduction to yacht racing.
The race starts near the Berkeley Circle on Saturday morning, rounds a single weather mark near Alcatraz, and then heads to Vallejo, usually under spinnaker for the remainder of the race. Upon completion, the party starts!
Roller Coaster has 6 openings on this IOR 44' Peterson design. The Roller Coaster campaign consists of a half day of training and 2 days of racing. Day one is usually a down wind race. Day two is a shorter upwind race. Boats race in a PHRF fleets. They will go over boat preparation, role allocation, and boat handling. This is a fun race that covers approximately 40 miles.
- Event Management
- Event and Crew Photographs
The half day of race coaching and practice includes:
- Preparation and set up of yacht
- Crew preparation and role allocation
- Overview of racing rules, starting
- techniques and race navigation
- Effective use of race navigation instrument
- Upwind boat handling - effective tacking, hiking for speed and sail trim. Downwind boat handling - Spinnaker sets, drops, gybes and trim.